Thursday, July 14, 2011

snapper

ITS SOME sort of cross beetween an adult and pinky. here is how it works. you roll up on the local fish supply
Altough Katos is an excellent supplier of fresh local seafood, I arrived too late, and everything was gone. I cam up with an ingenious but risque plan. The pier you see, is opposite. I took a stroll down with the idea of asking a local fisherman if I could buy some of his catch. great idea, yet no luck despite all on the pier willing to sell to me if they had only made a catch. Just as I was walking off revising the menu big time, a small boat was landing and tying up a little further down the boulevard. I approached them, and they were happy to sling me two good size snappers for $20.00. done deal, wrapped in the epicure, boom.

I get onto some good local fizz for the girls.

me getting round in Cons- they are limited editions which have embroided  "its not a shoe...its a mania" cool.
then I prepare some turnips, button mushrooms, kipflers, Istra pancetta,  beans and chives. I already have some confit garlic in Altos Greek olive oil. BTW wonder if the price of that will drop given the economy over there? freakin hope so. Some organic plain flour for dusting.

cute.

blanch all vegetables individually, to perfection.
heat a pan, tray or whatever.
a little garlic oil, and fry the fish skin side down at first, then flip, add a little hot water.

wonderfully flakey, buttery flesh.

sautee the vegetables in a little olive oil.



Sea salt and pepper the vegertables, serve with chopped chives - drink some light sassy, yet spicey red with this. IE oakdene pinot. the muhrooms beg for it. Humming dish. and filling too, so fresh.